Responsible for establishing and executing the Credit Union’s major goals and objectives. Responsible for Credit Union profits and losses. Interprets and implements Board of Directors’ policies. Provides leadership, direction, and guidance of Credit Union activities. Manages, analyzes, and evaluates the effectiveness of all operations. Develops and maintains effective organizational structure and personnel. Coordinates major activities through subordinates. Represents the Credit Union to regulatory agencies, vendors, members, and community organizations. Senior member of the management ALCO Committee.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of effective strategic plans, policies, and procedures.
- Executes all Board approved policies and coordinates with the Board in developing a mission and vision for the organization.
- Directs and oversees short and long-term strategic planning. Directs overall objectives, including acquisition, facilities, capital planning, product development, marketing, and sales plans.
- Develops and implements operational plans, policies, and goals which further strategic objectives and support the Credit Union business plan. Continually evaluates Credit Union operations and modifies as needed.
- Continually monitors general economic environment and industry trends. Updates policies, business plan, and goals, so they are commensurate with external conditions.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective financial policies.
- Authorizes capital expenditures and the acquisition and disposition of assets.
- Analyzes and oversees development of the Credit Union’s credit, pricing, and investment policies.
- Reviews financial and operating statements. Examines and assesses profitability and identifies potential problem areas.
- Oversees and approves budgets. Ensures that operating results established in the annual budget are achieved, that expenses are reviewed and controlled, and profits are maximized.
- Oversees development and implementation of internal accounting and financial controls as are necessary to preserve Credit Union assets. Ensures that accounting activities and reports are in accordance with established policies and applicable legal requirements, accurately reflect the Credit Union’s financial position, and provide the necessary information for managerial decision-making.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of Credit Union’s administrative support functions.
- Ensures IT functions along with provider are efficient and provide useful, pertinent information to personnel and management.
- Ensures human resources policies and programs effectively support Credit Union needs and objectives and are compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures facilities and equipment are well maintained and in good repair.
- Ensures the effective coordination of Credit Union support functions with sales, product, and service delivery activities.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of Credit Union sales and marketing functions.
- Conducts regular reviews of marketing and sales activities and implements corrective actions or suggestions as needed.
- Ensures sales and marketing activities are conducted in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Oversees implementation of pricing, marketing, and promotions programs and ensures program integrity.
- Stays informed of the Credit Union’s market position and formulate responses to increase sales and market share.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring the effective performance of research and production functions.
- Ensures research and production operations are well coordinated with sales, are as efficient as possible, and meet or exceed established quality standards.
- Ensures research and production functions are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees production purchasing and implementation of appropriate cost controls and budgeting standards.
- Oversees development of research and development projects to ensure future Credit Union growth.
- Effectively supervises and coordinates personnel, ensuring optimal performance. Establishes and maintains effective communication with Credit Union personnel and the Board of Directors.
- Oversees the establishment and implementation of optimal organizational structures, policies, and procedures.
- Directs and coordinates activities of subordinates and provides assistance and support as required.
- Establishes effective reporting and communication mechanisms with personnel to ensure appropriate and adequate information flow throughout and conducts regular staff meetings.
- Provides leadership to Credit Union personnel through effective objective setting and delegation.
- Ensures personnel are well trained, effective, and efficient.
- Conducts performance appraisals as required, provides suggestions for improved performance and implements correctives action as needed.
- Keeps the Board of Directors informed of Credit Union activities, any significant concerns and provides recommendations to improve Credit Union performance.
- Completes required reports as required.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and professional business relations with members, legal, vendors, regulatory agencies and other business contacts.
- Acts as a principal representative of the Credit Union.
- Ensures information is obtained and conveyed as needed and that problems or inquiries are promptly resolved.
- Ensures the Credit Union’s professional reputation is maintained.
- Keeps member information confidential.